The Island of Rhodes
Rhodes is the fourth largest island in Greece, and is situated in the southeast Aegean, not far from the coasts of Minor Asia. It's known for its natural beauty and favourable climate. Its important strategical position has made it an important conquest for stronger populations in the course of history, such as: the Minoans, the Mycenaeans, the Arabs, Byzantine, Knights of the Templar, as well as the Ottomans and the Italians. Visitors to the island can travel through thousands of years of history and uncover evidence of the influence exerted by different civilisations throughout the island, from its impressive monuments right down to its local traditions. Rhodes Old Town ( Medieval town Palia Poli ) casually included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Attractions and Photos
The following photos show a small part of this island's beauty. You can watch this Youtube Video to see more beautiful scences. For more imformation about the Rhodes attarctions, we would recommend checking this Attractions Guide. We whish you enjoy your time at Rhodes!
- Persons not staying in the venue hotel will need to buy lunch and dinner tickets from the hotel for 25 euro each, for both adults and children. Lunch and dinner are included only for persons staying at the hotel venue.
- The number of rooms reserved are limited and therefore, it is important that hotel bookings take place as soon as possible. Else, room availability in the main hotel cannot be guaranteed. To secure hotel rooms at the greatly reduced all-inclusive rates, bookings must take place by May 19, 2017. After May 19, we cannot guarantee availability in the venue hotel.
- Conference registration includes a pre-dinner reception and a post dinner party with music and dancers who also teach you greek dancing. Accompanying persons must buy extra tickets for these events.
Hotel Information and Reservation
PETRA 2017 will be held at Amilia Mare. Registered authors have the opportunity to receive special reservation discount. The special Hotel discount is bounded with the following conditions:
- The number of hotel rooms reserved at the special rate is very limited and availability will be on a first come, first serve basis. Bookings must take place by May 19, 2017.
- Persons who are not staying at the venue hotel will not be able to have their meals included and must pay extra at the price given by the hotel.
- These rates are reserved only for persons registered for the conference and for the bookings to remain valid, each booking must show a registration confirmation or the reservation will be canceled.
- June 21, 2017: Pre-dinner Welcome Reception
June 22, 2017: Live Entertainment With Professional Music And Dance Group
- Time: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Location: TBD
- Cost: €15
- Time: 8:30pm - 10:30pm
- Location: TBD
- Cost: Age 5-12 €17, Age 12+ €30
Access to the social events is included with the conference registration. Accompanying persons who are not registered can have access to the social events by purchasing tickets here ➚ . You will be redirected to a secure page managed by to complete the payment.
The following google map show the possible routes from Rodos International Airport to the hotel.